Zakharova: War criminals of the Kyiv regime bring humanity closer to the real possibility of a man-made catastrophe with absolutely catastrophic consequences
The official representative of the Russian Foreign Ministry, Maria Zakharova, commented on the shelling by the Armed Forces of the Zaporizhzhya NPP and assessed the reaction of the West to the situation.
At today's briefing, Maria Zakharova answered two questions from The Moscow Post.
- "Gazprom announced the unauthorized selection of gas for Moldova from the pipeline passing through the territory of Ukraine. How can Russia solve this problem?, " - asked the representative of our publication.
Maria Zakharova, answering this question, recalled that Gazprom comments on this topic, there is a question to address: "all issues related to the supply of domestic gas to Moldova lie in the commercial plane, fall under the competence of Gazprom" - said the official representative of the Russian Foreign Ministry.
The following question from our correspondent was:
- "Have there been contacts through the Russian Foreign Ministry on the problem of stopping shelling of the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant with those states that somehow influence Kyiv (Turkey, France, other countries)? And how do you assess the role of the IAEA in stopping shelling? "
Answering the representative of The Moscow Post, Maria Zakharova stressed that the Russian side is making intensive efforts that are aimed at stabilizing the situation around the ZPP and preventing the threats posed by Kyiv, continuing to strike at the station and the surrounding territory.
At the same time, she drew attention to the fact that the source of these threats has not been a secret for a long time:
- "Regardless of whether observers have the courage to call a spade or not, everyone already understands where the threat comes from. This is the Kyiv regime. "
At the same time, according to her, everyone understands everything: both in the UN, and in the IAEA, and in the relevant capitals, including those from where the direct supervision of the regime of Volodymyr Zelensky is carried out, and the self-destructive line of Kyiv has long been of serious concern not only to the Russian Federation.
Maria Zakharova also noted that the agreements with the IAEA on the long-term stay of representatives of the agency at the ZPP, which the parties achieved at the cost of considerable efforts, were a step in the right direction:
- "For a while they forced the Kyiv regime to act more prudently. Although the shelling of the territory near the station and attempts to land on it and other provocations, including against the personnel of the nuclear power plant, did not actually stop for a single day. "
But, according to the representative of the Russian Foreign Ministry, recently the situation has again become significantly complicated. The Armed Forces of Ukraine resumed artillery attacks on the ZPP:
- "There is no doubt that in Kyiv they are aware of what they are going to... They bombard critical nodes and elements of the ZNPP infrastructure. Thus, the war criminals of the Kyiv regime bring humanity closer to the real possibility of a man-made catastrophe with absolutely catastrophic consequences, "Maria Zakharova emphasized, adding:" They aim at the ZPP, but it turns out that they keep the whole world "on the fly."
In her opinion, suicide balancing on the verge of life and death is a characteristic handwriting of Kyiv. The Foreign Ministry suggests that the Zelensky regime is ready to follow itself, apparently, to pull the whole planet into political oblivion:
- "May not understand this in the West? No. They understand that. Attempts to continue to turn a blind eye to obvious things, such crimes, nuclear blackmail, to look for some comfortable explanations for these atrocities that the Kyiv regime is doing - this is nothing more than impermissible connivance, or even conscious indulgence or incitement even to new crimes"Zakharova added, stressing at the end of her response that the Russian side tirelessly calls on all states, primarily those that work in close contact with Kyiv, to show political will and a responsible approach, doing everything necessary to stop the shelling of the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant by the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
Photo: Russian Foreign Ministry